Thursday 11 November 2010

'LOVE' or 'LABH (gain)'

At first I should thank to all those persons, whose blog inspired me to write. I know my English is not good like them or rather I should say I prefer to write in Bengali. So the mistakes in this writing, my readers please forgive me as it is the first one.
           Now I should start with the topic, ‘LOVE’ or ‘LABH (gain)’. Actually it’s good to hear on Bengali, as ‘LABH’ is a Bengali word; the English translation would be ‘gain’. It’s a clash between the superficial meaning and the underlying meaning. Long time a go one of cousin sister, told me this, when we younger’s put a big question mark on her choice. It was an arrange marriage, but our bother-in-law was dark and short, but he had a good job (5-6 digit salary). My sister gave an angry look & told us, I saw his CV not him. I was so much surprised that I almost fell from the chair. This incident took place during my school life, so can’t remember the reaction of my other cousin sisters.
           Even in my collage life I found the same old story, the girl left the boy, as she got a better choice or I should say extra gain than the previous. Then I realise may be it can be explained in terms of security, the increase in security lead you to a better option. It is not only in case of girls, for boys they change girls where the variable parameter is beauty and quality. There is no guilt on this act, as they never try to remember the start point. You keep looking for the best as you have improved yourself, then where to stop! Anyway it’s their life, so no comments.   
           When I came to UK I thought the experience can be different, as the time and place is different. But life is full of surprises. I saw so many love stories over here, which was different than the previous. However, some recent incidents changed my all ideas. As if I was dreaming of true love, was in the fairy tale or a movie, now it’s time to face the truth. Saw some heart breaks among my friend circle or I should say end of one story. Why story! You will find soon. When I got these sad news (break up of the couples), I was mournful for some day and then I decided to meet them. So I was really scared that what I should say to the person. Then surprise & surprise, they are already seeing someone else. All of them replied me as, ‘should we all cry our entire life in this thought that someone is gone, anyway that story will finish someday, may be this way or other way’. Even I support their thought, but your love just left you a week ago! The truth again showed its colour, LOVE doesn’t exist anymore, its all illusion. If you get a better option, choose that, otherwise world will call you a loser.           
   

6 comments:

  1. nice topic and nicely written.Completely agree with your thoughts but its not true in all cases.Anyways whatever you have mentioned that we shouldn't waste our time to think about past--yeah..we should go ahead thats right but within a week to look for someone else just proves that the relationship which was there between that couple was not the bonding of love , was infatuation/attraction...
    Welcome to blog world.Waiting for your next blog .. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it was nice to see u started blogging!..
    as you have cited an example of material gain over love, but it's not always true..what I mean is, if there is trust and respect for the other person then these things hardly matter..a loser is one who chooses money over unconditional love..otherwise it was well expressed and very practical..

    Debanwita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the world of blogging!
    The thing is, even though you will get obstacles in the path - the one things that drives you on is hope... hope that once you cross the current roadblock, there will be love on the other side --- your piece is well-written and heart-felt...but i hope (for both of us!), that love is on the other side!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just want to say u one thing.... leave this thing... will happen when have to...life is gain-loss... see another side... love means extra cost that u have to bear....:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm one with Shags!!..Good times pass away, but Trial times also doesn't stay. This piece lucidly speaks of 'HOPE' as the soul driving force to look forward and live. My best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Swati...really liked this piece...good going gal!
    I just wanted to add my thoughts to it...I like to take life simply because life is never meant to be taken extremely seriously.So lets see it this way...
    Everyone needs a partner in life...with whom they can share their likes, dislikes, happiness, sorrow, who will care for you, for whom you will care for, who will fight with you and at the same time, fight for you,if the situation demands and when the entire world seems to be conspiring against you, you take shelter in the arms of this person, and , needless to say, this person will also satisfy some of our carnal desires at times ;-)
    As you can see it is not a very easy task to find such a person.
    Thats why we often keep trying our luck here and
    there to find that precious partner.
    If you ask, when to stop, well our heart and mind(yes, it has to be the combination of both) knows it all..they will tell you when the search is over.
    Every love story is unique in its own way!!

    ReplyDelete